Sunday, July 5, 2015

Source Materials Table and Interview-Gabby

I interviewed my niece, Gabby Reader, going into 1st grade, 6 years old. Unfortunately I was not able to record her interview so I will sum it up:

Gabby is still getting used to being around a lot of people in school. Most people are nice, there is one boy in her grade that was chasing people a lot and causing them to get hurt so he had to talk with the principal but he keeps doing it, even after being punished. She is still grasping the concept of why it's important to be nice to others. She knows in theory what a bully is but I got the impression that, like a lot of children, they think a bully only does extreme things. For the most part she hasn't heard people lie or spread rumors about others and people are generally nice. She thinks that a more awareness could help kids to reduce bullying and to help others be nice. Knowing my niece, she has had an attitude problem when we've had family get togethers so I wouldn't be surprised if she had attitude with other kids. She is not comfortable going to her teacher about bullies or mean people.

I didn't do a Source Materials Table earlier but here's mine even though I'm in the middle of gathering my data:


No comments:

Post a Comment