Friday, February 5, 2016

THINX: For ladies only

Ok ladies! I decided I was getting rather sick and tired of stupid pads and tampons. They are the WORST solution for a woman with periods. Then I found this:


Behold! Panties designed for women with periods! So I got myself a pair (They're like $30 for one so I wanted to try one first then see how it worked before getting more pairs) Now, I read a lot of reviews and was a little skeptical, a pair of panties that can hold 2 tampons worth of blood? Hmmm.... So I decided to give it a go. 

First of all, they offer a variety of sizes, styles, and levels of heaviness the panties can handle. I was a little disappointed when you couldn't mix a certain style with a certain heaviness of flow, for example, I wanted the heaviest flow which is the hip hugger style but I wanted to try it in a different style. I understand certain ones like thongs cannot work for really heavy days because the style just doesn't allow it but all the rest I could totally see being flexible. They have two colors, black and cream. I chose black but maybe I'll try a cream pair, I bet you could more easily monitor your panties flow intake if you can see the color change. 

Now you really need to know your body and it's flow each month when committing to these panties. You need to know how long it takes you to use 2 tampons on your heaviest days. If you aren't too heavy, the heaviest panties, hip huggers, work great for about 8 hours. I am a very heavy girl on my first couple of days, especially the second day, so I can only wear the panties for like 2-4 hours tops. 

These panties do require hands-on maintenance as they are basically a super pad inside your underwear. You have to rinse them out in the sink before washing on cold without fabric softener then hang dry. Because of this work, you kind of want to have a couple of pairs so that while one is washing you can wear another one. 

So what are the pros? 
-Every pair you buy sends a pair of reusable pads to girls in Africa where they cannot afford disposable pads and tampons and they are then able to keep attending school so you're being a huge help to others when helping your lady issues.
-No waste! Instead of your garbage filling up with those *cough cough* lovely used pads and tampons, you just simply wash the panties.
-Because you aren't buying disposable lady products, you are saving a lot of money each month. 
-So much more comfortable than sticking a cotton tube in your lady parts and they don't disintegrate like pads do after worn for a while.
-On light days where there's spotting these are PERFECTTTTT! 
-You have to wear panties anyways so might as well combine both forces, no sticky pads sticking to your legs/hips where it doesn't belong, sliding out of place, etc.

And the cons?
-You have to hand rinse each pair, which you know what's in them, so it's up to you if you find that tolerable. I myself would rather deal with that than trying to sneak tampons around and all that junk.
-Some people work long shifts at work or school so they may not have the time to allow them to wear panties for about 4 hours then clean them and change into new ones, especially at work where you'd have to hide the dirty pair until you can go home. I have the fortune of having a flexible schedule where I get to control when I go home. 
-They aren't the best for sleeping, I still have to wear pads at least for bed. But there's also moments like swimming/temple attendance where you'd have to keep a small supply of pads/tampons on hand for moments like that.
-They are not 100% leak proof, if you have worn them longer than they can handle they'll leak and stain so like I said earlier, you must know your body very well. 

In my mind, they are amazing and I'm going to get a couple more pairs. Are they the perfect solution? No, but oh my goodness they make you feel and look cute on your period and have so much comfort to them, it's amazing. This is just my review on them :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment